· 1 cup Sesame
· 1/4 cup Ghee
· 1/2 cup Jaggery (gor)
· 1/2 cup Peanuts - roasted and peeled (optional)
· 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut (optional)
· a pinch of Cardamom - elaichi (optional)
1. Dry roast the sesame in a pan until just popping. Once roasted, set to one side.
2. Do the same for the peanuts.
3. Roast the coconut for a short time; don’t let it go brown.
4. Melt the ghee in a pan and then add the gor. Keep on a low heat and keep stirring until it starts to bubble.
5. Remove from the heat, add the sesame and peanuts/coconut (if using). Add elaichi if you wish to.
6. Once the mixture has slightly cooled, roll into balls.