· 1 cup Sesame
· 1/4 cup Ghee
· 1/2 cup Sugar
· 1/2 cup Peanuts, roasted and peeled (optional)
· 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut (optional)
· a pinch of Cardamom (optional)
1. Melt the ghee and add the sugar.
2. Cook on a low heat till the sugar starts to caramelise. It should be just a little golden.
3. Take off the heat and add the sesame, (coconut and peanuts if using.) Add the cardamom if you would like to at this point.
4. While it's still hot, spread the mixture on a thali or on parchment paper. You can use a bowl to flatten the mixture down. Dip it in water to stop the mixture sticking to it.
5. As the chikki cools, cut it into squares before it hardens completely.